The Company is seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform apartment building Repair and Maintenance (R&M) projects. The person that holds this position will need to demonstrate exemplary customer service skills, maintain impeccably clean work areas, and effectively communicate with all residents and team members internally and externally.
The Company is a property management company focused on managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate professionals who love the unique local Bay Area culture.
At Ballast, we believe it is possible for renters to experience San Francisco’s old-world charm without having to endure the ’70s avocado fridge. We work hard to find historic apartment buildings in all the best San Francisco neighborhoods. Our architectural crew then carefully renovates each structure, restoring its unique characteristics, and builds modern amenities into the units. We believe living spaces should have integrity and are deeply committed to our tenants.
- Address repair and maintenance work orders as they arise across 100+ properties in and around San Francisco, CA
- Typical independent assignments include, but are not limited to, troubleshoots, repairs, and replacing HVAC equipment and controls; installing, repairing, and replacing all plumbing fixtures, piping, and systems; troubleshooting, replacing, and installing new electrical. fixtures, switches, breakers, and receptacles; preparing and finishing all interior and exterior surfaces; moving, installing, repairing, and replacing household appliances. installing, repairing, and replacing drywall, counters, and cabinetry; all groundskeeping tasks; troubleshooting and maintaining pool equipment
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience: 3+ years of related experience in multifamily property repairs and maintenance
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proficient understanding and experience in all maintenance trades. Demonstrates appropriate use of standard hand and power tools
- Proficient technology and computer skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) and must be able to maintain effective documentation
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically, and make well-reasoned business decisions
- Proactive, well-organized, and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking capability
- Exercise significant independent judgment, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.