Leasing Agent – Independent Contractor
Leasing Agents/Independent Contractors are leasing apartments within our portfolios in San Francisco and in the Bay Area. Agents will be accepting leads from our Leasing Admin team or posting your own ads, receiving leads from these ads, contacting, and vetting prospective clients, scheduling appointments to tour units, and securing leases on apartments.
The Company is a property management company focused on managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate professionals who love the unique local Bay Area culture.
- Have or acquire the information necessary to navigate the rental process in San Francisco and the Bay Area
- Must understand and adhere to the San Francisco Fair Housing laws
- Accepting and vetting leads provided by the office team and/or posting your own ads on Craigslist and other ILS feeds
- Track and manage leads
- Touring prospective residents through our buildings and units
- Providing applications to prospective residents and following up on the application process
- Signing leases with prospective residents
- Prepare tour reports
- Explaining and understanding the Move in Requirements:
- Move in Funds required
- Deposit required
- Renters Insurance
- Understand market rent/design/neighborhood trends in SF and Bay Area
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A California Real Estate Salesperson or Brokerage license is required
- Previous real estate experience and customer service is advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Customer service focused
- Attention to detail and being self-motivated is required
- Must work well in a team setting
- Effective communication skills are required, both verbal and written
- The ability to work independently, be organized and detail oriented
- Flexibility in schedule including nights and weekends as needed
- Capability to work collaboratively and prioritize teamwork
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.