The Company is seeking a Intercoms Technician to support our rapidly growing team. The Intercoms Technician will help with maintaining, diagnosing, repairing, and replacing intercoms at all of buildings in San Francisco and Berkeley. The ideal candidate must be well versed in intercom repair and programming, phone line tracing, locksmithing related to intercoms and minor electrical work.
The Company is a property management company focused upon managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate professionals who love the unique local Bay Area culture.
At Ballast, we believe it is possible for renters to experience San Francisco’s old-world charm without having to endure the 70’s avocado fridge. We work hard to find historic apartment buildings in all the best San Francisco neighborhoods. Our architectural crew then carefully renovates each structure, restoring its unique characteristics, and builds modern amenities into the units. We believe living spaces should have integrity and are deeply committed to our tenants.
- Maintain, diagnose, repair, and offer repair solutions for all company intercoms
- Replace and repair Medeco and postal locks in intercoms
- Replace and repair door latches and catches as they relate to intercoms
- Install and troubleshoot internet routers and Wi-Fi cameras
- Trace phone lines and internet lines in buildings
- Reset intercom master codes when lost or unavailable
- Maintain and update our databases with new programming and key location information
- Tag phone lines at EMPOE and diagnose issues with said lines
- Assist Resident Managers with intercom programming as needed, including but not limited to: tenant move-ins, tenant move outs, entry codes and other issues
- Communicate with the telecoms and internet companies through phone calls, email and web portals, often simultaneously, to ensure prompt and satisfactory responses and resolutions
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in programming, repairing and maintaining intercom entry systems, including, but not limited to: Doorking 1800 and 1830 series, Akuvox, Butterfly, Linear AE100 and AE 500, Sentex Infinity, Horizon and Vista, Mircom, AI Phone GT, and SES
- Minimum 2 years of experience in remote programming through Butterfly, Akuvox and Doorking Cloud portals
- Minimum 2 years of experience installing, repairing and replacing Medeco lock cylinders, the above intercom entry systems, including their door latches and catches, transformers, and all other systems involved therein
- 2 years of experience in project management is preferred
- Must be able to be on feet all day and navigate San Francisco with reliable transportation
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of intercom entry systems
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Experience in minor electrical repair and locksmithing
- Proven track record in handling business-to-utilities support
- Must possess strong aptitude for mechanical repairs
- Punctual and ability to follow through
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.