The Company is seeking an Administrator, Communications to assist with all activities related to customer service, routine resident communications, ensuring resident satisfaction, and clear communication of the correct information in keeping with company standards and policies. This is an entry-level position with strong growth potential.
The Company is a property management company focused on managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate professionals who love the unique local Bay Area culture.
At Ballast, we believe it is possible for renters to experience San Francisco’s old-world charm without having to endure the 70’s avocado fridge. We work hard to find historic apartment buildings in all the best San Francisco neighborhoods. Our architectural crew then carefully renovates each structure, restoring its unique characteristics, and builds modern amenities into the units. We believe living spaces should have integrity and are deeply committed to our tenants.
- Monitor and respond to routine tenant issues in Zendesk and provide timely guidance to tenants in compliance with all service-level agreements
- Maintain the tenant reimbursements board and ensure tenant ledger issues get addressed in a timely manner
- Answer phone calls from tenants through Zendesk talk as they call in
- Schedule and execute tenant callbacks on a variety of issues
- Work to obtain positive online reviews and improve tenant satisfaction
- Define and implement Resident Communications Protocols
- Approve Tenant Notices prepared by the remote administrative support for clarity and grammar
- Propose new macros to be used by remote teams for answering routine questions
- Provide ongoing support and training to remote staff to help answer tenant issues
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- 3 Years’ experience in a customer-facing customer service or communications role
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Calm, professional demeanor and ability to deescalate frustrated residents
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Yardi, Rent Café, Zendesk, and Monday.com preferred
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.