Specialist, Accounts Payable
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Controller, within the Operational Accounting division, the Specialist, Accounts Payable is responsible for processing invoices received for payments, compiling, and maintaining account payable records, and assisting the Treasury team as needed.
The Company is a vertically integrated owner-operator of multifamily assets in San Francisco and Berkeley. The Company has several strategic partnerships with global institutional capital providers and has experienced strong growth since being founded in 2014.
At Ballast, our team of 170+ passionate employees are careful stewards of capital and preservers of communities where we work and live. Our culture is founded on teamwork, accountability, and a shared purpose to create value for our investors and communities. Above all, we value unique perspectives and integrity.
- Process, verify, and reconcile invoices
- Perform account reconciliations as needed
- Prepare transfers and wires
- Attend to vendor inquiries and resolve payment issues
- Obtain W-9 forms and appropriate backup, as needed
- Analyze and process utility and property tax payments
- Assist in year-end tax preparation and audit schedule preparation
- Monitor trackers and set up payments and forms for various taxes and fees
- Provide assistance with sending out mail filings
- Perform general accounting duties including data input, filing, scanning, and organizing
- Other duties as assigned by upper management
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree in accounting or business required or equivalent classes from a four-year college
- Intermediate Excel skills required (filters, sorting, pivot tables, V lookup, etc.)
- Yardi experience is a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP rules and regulations is a plus
Key Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, Microsoft Windows
- Detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable with meeting deadlines
- Manage and post volumes of financial data with speed and accuracy
- Prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Real estate and/or property management experience a plus
- Establish and maintain efficient records filing and retention of financial documents
- Strong accounting background/education including familiarity with both general ledger and property-level transactions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to communicate internally with team members as well as externally with vendors and other service providers
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.