Senior Manager, Operations
The Company is looking for an experienced, dynamic, Senior Manager of Operations to provide oversight of the day-to-day operations for the Company’s multifamily portfolio based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Company is a vertically integrated owner-operator of multifamily assets in San Francisco and Berkeley. The Company has experienced unprecedented growth since being founded in 2014 with the help of several strategic partnerships with global institutional capital providers. The Company has asset management, property management, leasing, maintenance, and construction management teams throughout San Francisco and Berkeley.
The Senior Manager of Operations will be responsible for monitoring and supervising the various teams across the Company. This role will be instrumental in taking a disciplined approach to implementing the Company’s performance metrics and ensuring that the Company is operated as a “best of class” residential management company. This role will work closely with other departments of the Company, including asset management, accounting, design/permitting, and construction management.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the properties within the portfolio
- Develop and evaluate employee performance metrics that will be used to monitor employee performance and discipline and compliment staff based on performance
- Monitoring employee work quality using standard software and reporting
- Responsible for vendor contract management and monitoring expenditures related to the properties in the portfolio while managing expenses closely and within budget
- Maintain the highest level of customer service for residents, vendors, clients and corporate departments
- Ensure property management and construction management teams are physically inspecting properties on a monthly/quarterly basis, tracking all on-site information, physical condition, and monitoring quality control of vendor’s jobs
- Oversee onboarding of new residents to ensure Property Managers and Resident Managers provide superior customer service
- Ensure properties are managed in accordance with established policies and in compliance with SF Rent Board regulations on annual rent increases, security deposits/interest, pass-throughs, evictions, and other resident issues
- Assist with resident manager training program
- Work with Company executives to establish and maintain a set of best practices across the portfolio
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, or related field
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in operations preferably within residential real estate including: accounting, finance, lease administration, landlord/resident relations, and property management
- Proven ability to supervise team of at least 5 or more associates
- Industry Accreditations Preferred (ARM, CCRM, CCIM, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
Key Skills and Competencies
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) and must be able to maintain effective documentation
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically and make well-reasoned business decisions
- Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to develop and motivate teams.
- Proactive, well-organized, and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking capability
- Exercise independent judgement, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.