The Company is looking for a Manager of Projects to assist with special projects relating to the company’s multifamily portfolio located in San Francisco and Berkeley. The ideal candidate is someone looking for exposure to many aspects of the real estate investment industry. The Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing project objectives and driving the project from inception to completion, capturing project scope, facilitating solution development, collaborating with departmental and Senior / Executive Leadership, and leading team members using standard project management methodologies and tools. The Project Manager will be assigned to cross-departmental projects where initial requirements and desired outcomes are not well defined.
- Work with VP of Operations, Chief Operating Officer, and team members on special projects relating to a variety of process improvement initiatives, including but not limited to:
- ERP replacement, integration implementations, internal accounting procedures, Occupancy data audits, Utility reimbursements process, Lease renewal promotion process, rent increase letter processes, other projects as needed.
- Develop internal standard operating procedures and document those SOPs on the company’s knowledge base.
- Identify key performance metrics for the projects you’re driving and develop reports to improve transparency into the project’s status.
- Develop trackers to facilitate the project so team members can work collaboratively- we mostly use Monday.com for this but experience with any similar platform will be relevant.
- Collaborate with technical leaders to identify and effectively manage complex dependencies, risks, and activities across platforms and projects.
- Manage small project team(s) to meet objectives of projects that are limited in scope, risk, and / or organization span; or leads one or more subprojects within a larger, more complex project
- Organize and guide project operations through adherence to standard project management methodologies
- Manage project that are complex in scope, risk, and/or organizational span
- Provide performance feedback to the manager of each project team participants
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Two years of project management experience in early-stage system building.
- Ability to independently develop solutions to complex challenges, present to stakeholders and obtain buy-in from executives, managers, and team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience in Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- PMP or PgMP or similar certification is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Getting Things Done or similar time management systems strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and strong Excel abilities
- Familiarity with Monday.com and YARDI preferred
- Experience with multifamily property operations preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong working knowledge of quality control, demand forecasting, inventory management, cost management and time management
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Professional presence in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Calm presence, able to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to set realistic deadlines and work with the team to complete work in a
- Ability to communicate effectively if deadlines change or need to be adjusted
- Impeccable documentation skills in keeping with company policy
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.