Project Engineer, P&C
The Company seeks project engineers to oversee multiple simultaneous apartment building renovations and new apartment projects in San Francisco, CA. This position would be in charge of coordination between the internal construction crew and subcontractors to ensure efficient construction progress from start to finish. This role will require collaboration with other departments such as property management, leasing, asset management, and accounting. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring Halyard’s seamless cooperation with its parent company, Ballast Group. The ideal candidate will be fluent in both Spanish and English in order to facilitate efficient communication with all contacts, external and internal.
The Company provides architecture, engineering, design, and apartment remodeling services to institutional and individual clients. As the Architect and the Builder, the Company provides one seamless process for its clients. With a track record of successfully completing hundreds of high-quality apartment renovation projects, the Company is a preferred contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated construction professionals who love creating beautiful spaces for residents to live and enjoy the local Bay Area culture.
At Halyard we are committed to design excellence. We believe in having an environment that encourages bold thinking, skill growth and individual expression. Each member of our team is an expert in his or her field, and together we create elegant residential spaces.
- Coordinate the activity of field team trades and third-party prime contractors
- Oversee all onsite construction activity to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations while meeting schedule and budget requirements
- Ensure compliance with design documents
- Assist in maintaining the Paint and Clean process
- Collaborate and direct subcontractors and construction workers
- Review the project work progress on a daily basis
- Anticipate problems and resolve any emerging ones with the field team
- Review, manage, and mitigate risks to the construction team and building occupants
- Work with the design, property management, and asset management teams on pre-construction planning for upcoming construction projects
- Schedule and conduct building and special trade inspections
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree in construction management, civil engineering or a related field required
- Bilingual in fluent Spanish and English preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
- Must be a good communicator (written and oral) and must be able to maintain effective documentation
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically, and make well-reasoned business decisions
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to construction such as local and state building codes is preferred
- Possesses a strong understanding of Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Laws, and experience with projects in rent-controlled buildings are a plus
- Excellent personal leadership skills and proven ability to build, develop, and motivate teams
- Proactive, well-organized, and result-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking capability
- Exercise significant independent judgment, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
- Strong working knowledge of ProCore, Microsoft Word, and Excel
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.