The Company is looking for a Manager, Projects to drive special interdepartmental projects relating to the company’s multifamily portfolio located in San Francisco and Berkeley. The ideal candidate is an individual looking for exposure to many aspects of the real estate investment industry. The Manager, Projects will be responsible for planning and managing project objectives and driving the project from inception to completion, capturing project scope, facilitating solution development, collaborating with departmental and Senior / Executive Leadership, and leading team members using standard project management methodologies and tools. The Manager, Projects will be assigned to cross-departmental projects where initial requirements and desired outcomes are not well defined.
The Company is a property management company focused on managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate operations professionals with an established track record of system building and problem solving within a fast-paced environment.
At Ballast, we believe it is possible for renters to experience San Francisco’s old-world charm without having to endure the 70’s avocado fridge. We work hard to find historic apartment buildings in all the best San Francisco neighborhoods. Our architectural crew then carefully renovates each structure, restoring its unique characteristics, and builds modern amenities into the units. We believe living spaces should have integrity and are deeply committed to our tenants.
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Operations, Chief Operating Officer, and other operations team members on special interdepartmental projects relating to a variety of process improvement initiatives, including but not limited to:
- ERP replacement, integration implementations, internal accounting procedures, Occupancy data audits, Utility reimbursements process, Lease renewal promotion process, rent increase letter processes, and other projects as needed
- Develop internal standard operating procedures and document those SOPs on the company’s knowledge base.
- Identify key performance metrics for the projects you’re driving and develop reports to improve transparency into the project’s status
- Evolve trackers to facilitate the project so team members can work collaboratively- we mostly use Monday.com for this but experience with any similar platform will be relevant
- Cooperate with technical leaders to identify and effectively manage complex dependencies, risks, and activities across platforms and projects
- Manage small project team(s) to meet objectives of projects that are limited in scope, risk, and/or organization span; or lead one or more subprojects within a larger, more complex project
- Organize and guide project operations through adherence to standard project management methodologies
- Drive projects that are complex in scope, risk, and/or organizational span
- Provide performance feedback to the manager of each project team participant
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Two years of project management experience in early-stage system building
- Proven ability to independently develop solutions to complex challenges, present to stakeholders, and obtain buy-in from executives, managers, and team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or work experience in Operations Management, Business Administration, or related field
- PMP or PgMP or similar certification is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Getting Things Done or similar time management systems is strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and strong Excel abilities
- Familiarity with Monday.com and YARDI preferred
- Knowledge in multifamily property operations preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong working knowledge of quality control, demand forecasting, inventory management, cost management, and time management
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Professional presence in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Possesses a calm demeanor, able to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to set realistic deadlines and work with the team to complete work in a
- Propensity to communicate effectively to relevant parties if deadlines change or need to be adjusted
- Impeccable documentation skills in keeping with company policy
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.