Ballast Investments (“Ballast” or “The Company”) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Company executives. Under the general supervision of the Company Co-Founders, the Executive Assistant is responsible for handling the day-today support of Company executives. The role will also include some Office Management responsibilities and culture building / team engagement activities managed by the Human Resources Team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to multi-task, while working in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment and have a track record of practicing discretion. This position provides an opportunity to meaningfully impact Ballast, grow your skill set, work with dedicated professionals, and coordinate some fun events.
The Company is a vertically-integrated owner-operator of multifamily, student housing, and single family rental assets in the greater Western United States. The Company has several strategic partnerships with global institutional capital providers and has experienced strong growth since its founding in 2014.
Ballast employs over 170+ real estate professionals whose mission is to create value by acquiring, developing, and managing our dwellings with exceptional care through an integrated approach. Our culture is founded on teamwork, authenticity, integrity and excellence. Through a shared purpose and common goal, the organization is built to serve its partners and communities within which it invests.
- Facilitate executive travel, in keeping with Company policies
- Arrange notary appointments as needed for executive team
- Daily calendaring, assisting with anticipating and prioritizing meetings for Company Co-Founders
- Help manage Co-Founders’ expense reports and corporate credit cards
- Function as a “gatekeeper” by screening calls, emails, and written correspondence; draft and send correspondence for Company executives including information request management
- Support the HR and Investor Relations teams by screening the Company’s online presence; actively monitor reviews and provide responses to general inquiries from the Ballast website
- Schedule and plan internal and external meetings for Company executives; assist with preparation of meeting materials and handle spontaneous inquiries and requests
- Greet guests that come into the downtown San Francisco office, manage guest list access, as requested
- Draft and send office correspondence and announcements, as requested
- Upkeep of office/kitchen supplies, restocking proactively
- Provide general office housekeeping including maintenance of facilities such as conference rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms
- Manage company/conference room booking and set-up food and beverages for important meetings
- Complete FedEx drops as requested
- General organization of internal administrative needs for employees such as tracking required office training, pet reservations, desk reservations, etc.
- Handle ad hoc requests
Team Building / Employee Events and Engagement:
- Partner with the HR team to facilitate and plan company events and weekly lunches that facilitate employee engagement
- Partner with the HR team to facilitate and improve employee engagement, driven by the Company culture and mission statement
- Facilitate interdepartmental collaboration, communication, and morale through the coordination of cross-departmental meetings, employee appreciation initiatives, cross-functional employee training opportunities, etc.
- Brainstorm and recommend cost-effective and fun team building ideas; themes are welcome
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience office management or administration
- Experience in managing a budget is a plus
- Experience in the facilitation of travel arrangements is a plus
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Outstanding communicator (written and oral)
- Organized and able to maintain effective documentation, in keeping with Company policy
- Solid research and organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Must maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Possess leadership qualities, empathy, and a positive disposition
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Exercise significant independent judgement, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.