We are seeking an Assistant, Field to assist with maintaining the company’s multifamily portfolio located in San Francisco and Berkeley. The ideal candidate is someone looking for exposure to many aspects of the real estate investment industry. This is an entry level position with strong growth potential.
The Company is a property management company focused upon managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate professionals who love the unique local Bay Area culture.
- Performing Move-in/Move-out Inspections on units where tenants are vacating as needed.
- Cash collections from laundry services.
- Assurance of notices are communicated to tenants through lobby postings.
- Assistance with property tours
- Intercom user management
- Management of key control systems
- Conducting building inspections through HappyCo
- Liaison with SF DPW and other government entities
- Responding to directions from multiple team members
- Supporting the Maintenance team through assessment of work orders, and performing light maintenance as needed.
- Working off-site as needed in various locations
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills to walk through challenging in-person scenarios
- Required to lift minimum of 10 lbs.
- Other items as needed
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong customer service skills
- Professional presence both in the workplace and on-site
- Firm understanding of confidentiality
- Solid organizational skills and multitasking capability
- Able to work independently
- Skilled in remaining calm under pressure and complete work in a timely manner
- Capability to communicate with external parties via phone/email
- Perform light maintenance tasks
- Ability to assess maintenance needs
Key Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of HappyCo and preferred
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to synthesize and prioritize requests from multiple parties.
- Willing to ask questions and learn quickly on the job.
- Interested in the multifamily real estate industry.
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.