The Company is seeking an Administrator, Utilities to support our rapidly growing team. The Administrator, of Utilities will assist with utility account onboarding for the recently acquired acquisition of 75 multi-unit residential buildings in San Francisco in conjunction with administering intercoms, utilities, and internet for all buildings. The ideal candidate must be well versed in data entry, communications, time, and project management, have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and preferably have prior experience interfacing with local utility companies like PGE, Recology, and SFPUC.
The Company is a property management company focused on managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate professionals who love the unique local Bay Area culture.
At Ballast, we believe it is possible for renters to experience San Francisco’s old-world charm without having to endure the 70’s avocado fridge. We work hard to find historic apartment buildings in all the best San Francisco neighborhoods. Our architectural crew then carefully renovates each structure, restoring its unique characteristics, and builds modern amenities into the units. We believe living spaces should have integrity and are deeply committed to our tenants.
- Work in a small and efficient team to onboard and transition utility accounts into our name for all 75 buildings, including, but not limited to PGE, SFPUC, Recology, and ATT
- Administer utilities, intercoms, and internet for all properties
- Communicate with the utility companies through phone calls, email, and web portals, often simultaneously– strong organizational skills and multi-tasking are a must
- Act as the first point of contact for utilities for external and internal parties
- Collect and organize a large body of data
- Fact-check and ensure quality control of completed work before passing it along to the next stage — we are looking for thoughtful, thorough, and meticulous applicants
- Investigate missing information and maintain continuous and clear communication with your direct supervisor and the other members of your team
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 2 years of data entry experience required
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Experience with business-utilities support strongly preferred, such as PGE, Recology, and SFPUC
- Experience with Monday.com strongly preferred
- 2+ years of phone support or similar business-to-vendor phone experience preferred
- 2+ years of project management experience preferred
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking capabilities
- Proactive, well-organized, and results-oriented with the ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to think critically, solve problems logically, and fact-check work product before submission
Ballast Investments is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Ballast Investments is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.