Administrator, Property Custodian
We are seeking a live-in Administrator, Property Custodian, to take care of our buildings and carry out cleaning, maintenance, and security duties. The Administrator, Property Custodian maintains a clean and healthy working environment for the property. The person hired in this position will ensure the interior, exterior, of a building are sanitary and free of trash and debris. The goal is to keep our buildings in a clean and orderly condition. The Administrator, Property Custodian will have great attention to detail which assists with keeping the facility clean. They are also motivated, responsible, independent and have excellent time management skills. This position also includes an on-site, 1 bedroom, 1 bath unit at a discounted market rate. This position is based in Berkeley, CA
- Custodial tasks including, dusting, sweeping, mopping, as needed carrying out heavy cleaning tasks
- On-site building management, maintenance, and resident relations
- Conduct the inspection, maintenance, and cleaning of off- site buildings as needed
- Supporting the Maintenance team through assessment of work orders, and performing light maintenance as needed
- Conducting building inspections through HappyCo
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills to walk through challenging in-person scenarios.
- Stock and maintain building supply rooms.
- Conduct minor pool cleaning and maintenance as needed
- Identify the management and maintenance teams of deficiencies or required repairs.
- Performing Move-in/Move-out Inspections on units where tenants are vacating as needed.
- Cash collections and deposits from laundry services.
- Assurance of notices are communicated to tenants through lobby postings
- Assistance with property tours
- Liaison with vendors and other government entities
- Responding to directions from multiple team members
- Working off-site as needed in various locations as needed
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Required to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to communicate with external parties via phone/email
- Firm understanding of confidentiality
- Solid organizational skills and multitasking capability
- Capability to work independently
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and complete work in a timely manner
- Experience in performing light maintenance tasks
- General knowledge of home/apartment repairs
- Able to assess maintenance needs
Key Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of HappyCo, Matterport, Office365, and smartphone apps preferred
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- A calm and cooperative demeanor
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to synthesize and prioritize requests from multiple parties
- Willing to ask questions and learn quickly on the job
- Knowledge of industry specific OSHA health and safety regulations/requirements
- Interested in the multifamily real estate industry
- General knowledge of and ability to conduct household repairs to include electrical and plumbing
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.