Administrator, Lease Generation
The Company is seeking an Administrator, Lease Generation, to support our rapidly growing team. The Administrator, Lease Generation will play a pivotal role in overseeing and conducting lease audits to ensure accuracy, compliance, and financial integrity within our real estate lease agreements. Your role is crucial in safeguarding the company’s interests and optimizing lease-related financial operations. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders, and drive process improvements to enhance lease management practices.
The Company is a property management company focused on managing residential apartment properties in the Bay Area. The Company seeks to attract and retain motivated real estate professionals who love the unique local Bay Area culture.
At Ballast, we believe it is possible for renters to experience San Francisco’s old-world charm without having to endure the 70’s avocado fridge. We work hard to find historic apartment buildings in all the best San Francisco neighborhoods. Our architectural crew then carefully renovates each structure, restoring its unique characteristics, and builds modern amenities into the units. We believe living spaces should have integrity and are deeply committed to our tenants.
- Lead and manage lease audit activities to review lease agreements, financial transactions, and related documents for accuracy and compliance
- Identify potential discrepancies, errors, or inconsistencies within lease terms, rent calculations, and financial obligations
- Verify all leases follow owner requirements for concessions
- Supervise and guide a team of lease auditors, providing training, mentoring, and performance evaluations
- Delegate audit assignments, ensure workload distribution, and promote a collaborative and results-oriented team environment
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of lease terms, rent escalations, operating expenses, and other financial aspects to ensure alignment with lease agreements
- Calculate and verify rental payments, ensuring accuracy and compliance with lease terms
- Verify all lease terms are entered into our system of record accurately and are being correctly executed
Audit Process Enhancement
- Continuously evaluate and improve lease audit processes and methodologies to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness
- Implement best practices and technological solutions to streamline the audit process
- Collaborate with internal departments, including finance, legal, and property management, to ensure audit findings are communicated and addressed promptly.
- Provide insights to the legal team regarding potential lease agreement modifications or disputes
Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare detailed audit reports outlining findings, discrepancies, and recommended actions
- Maintain accurate and organized records of audit activities, findings, and resolutions
Compliance and Regulations
- Stay current with industry regulations, accounting standards, and lease-related laws to ensure audits are conducted in accordance with legal requirements
- Identify potential risks related to lease agreements and financial operations and propose strategies to mitigate them
- Implement controls to prevent future discrepancies and irregularities
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience in lease auditing, lease administration, or related roles required
- Strong understanding of lease accounting principles, financial analysis, and lease agreement terms
- Proficiency in using lease management software and financial analysis tools
- Leadership experience with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with various stakeholders
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to address complex lease-related challenges
- Time management skills to meet audit deadlines and manage multiple audit projects simultaneously
- Professional presence in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Impeccable documentation skills in keeping with company policy
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
Ballast and its affiliates are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.